Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 11.2% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on February 15th. In the last week, Monero has traded up 1.5% against the US dollar. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $283.35 or 0.02880510 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptopia, Livecoin, Cryptomate and Poloniex. Monero has a market cap of $4.46 billion and approximately $117.36 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 12.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000047 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0200 or 0.00000200 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.57 or 0.00035743 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 19.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.53 or 0.00015303 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.97 or 0.00029793 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.05 or 0.00010548 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 12.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0089 or 0.00000089 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001789 BTC.
XMR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,750,460 coins. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, Mercatox, Cryptox, HitBTC, Tux Exchange, Livecoin, Bithumb, OKEx, Qryptos, Bisq, LiteBit.eu, Braziliex, Coinroom, Bittrex, Exmo, Cryptomate, Gate.io, BTC-Alpha, Abucoins, Exrates, Upbit, Poloniex, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, Binance and Bitfinex. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.