Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 4% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 22:00 PM E.T. on March 2nd. Monero has a total market cap of $3.27 billion and approximately $22.65 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $206.44 or 0.02419470 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Abucoins, Livecoin, Exrates and Gate.io. During the last week, Monero has traded up 7% against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0027 or 0.00000031 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0081 or 0.00000095 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.98 or 0.00023256 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.94 or 0.00011000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 17.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00015638 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.62 or 0.00007232 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 10.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000053 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 39.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0512 or 0.00000600 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0281 or 0.00000329 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It launched on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,860,909 coins. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptox, LiteBit.eu, Bithumb, Binance, Qryptos, Exrates, Poloniex, Cryptopia, Braziliex, Exmo, Abucoins, Upbit, BTC-Alpha, Gate.io, Bisq, Tux Exchange, Coinroom, OKEx, Bittrex, SouthXchange, Cryptomate, Mercatox, Livecoin, Kraken, Bitfinex and HitBTC. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.